About the Church

Our new entrance

Trinity Methodist Church occupies a most beautiful and enviable position overlooking the Stray. It is an imposing Gothic-style structure and standing as it does on a triangular plot it forms a pleasing feature of the Harrogate landscape. The Foundation stones were laid in October 1876 and the Church was opened for worship in April 1879. The Schoolroom was added in 1888 along with the Chapel Keepers Cottage.

Trinity is busy throughout the year with weddings. Many organizations in the Harrogate area use the facilities for meetings and functions.

Trinity provides a place for worship and prayer, reflection and quietness alongside busy main roads. In the wider community we are committed to work out our faith in God our Father, as we see him in Jesus and to care for all, whatever their status or condition, through prayer and service. We offer an open invitation for all to join our worship and fellowship, which may lead to new or renewed faith and Church growth.

A booklet entitled ‘History of and a Guide to Trinity’ is available in the porch, price £2.00

Address: Leeds Road, Harrogate HG2 9AU

Minister: Rev. Mark Godfrey (home 01423 503551) revmgodfrey@gmail.com

Childrens & Families Worker: Matthew Lunn (office: 01423 501533) matt.lunn24@btinternet.com

highslide wordpress