Trinity Methodist Church has been a prominent landmark on the Harrogate Stray since opening in 1879 to serve God and the expanding community of south Harrogate.
For over a century and a quarter members and worship styles have changed but the main Church buildings remained little altered except for the convenience of electric light and a gas boiler. Between 2010-11 we had a major refurbishment with the aim of implementing our key vision of an open Church serving the community in a building which is economically and ecologically sustainable.
It was our aim right from the start of the project to achieve our objectives whilst preserving and enhancing the main architectural and spatial features of our lovely building. By blending the old with the new in a sympathetic and non intrusive way we believe that we have achieved this objective and that Trinity Church can contribute to community life for a great many years to come.
How Trinity has changed: